I’m posting this press release from SpecFaction, who are hosting and running next year’s Aurealis Awards. Wonderful they have taken up the job, so magnificently managed in previous years by the good folk up in Brisbane. It’s a great cause. I donated my novel Walking the Tree, which can be found in the Dark Fantasy, Horror and Historical novels Bundle.
“Thanks to the amazing generosity of many of our local spec fiction community – we’re hosting an Ebay auction of some fine pieces of autographed speculative fiction and a wonderful print from Scott Westerfeld’s Leviathan.
Where else can you buy an original print from Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld or a bundle of autographed fantasy, science fiction or horror novels from a huge list of Aussie authors including; Sara Douglass, Ian Irvine, Sean Williams and Shane Dix, Traci Harding, Karen Miller, Stephen Irwin, Nathan Burrage, Richard Harland, Marianne De Pierres, Angela Slatter, Kate Forsyth, Isabel Merlin, Sophie Masson, Jack Dann, Kaaron Warren, Shane Jiraiya Cummings and Kirstyn McDermott?
The autographed books are being auctioned off in five book bundles. For a complete description of the contents of each bundle or to bid on one of these great items refer to the list of eBay item numbers below and make sure you place our bid between 16 and 25 November, 2010.
* Signed short story collections including an unpublished story by Sean Williams: Item Number: 200542551759
* New and signed fantasy novels: Item Number: 200542236233
* New and signed fantasy novels for all ages: Item Number: 200542554272
* New and signed science fiction novels: Item Number: 200542552834
* New and signed dark fantasy, horror, and historical novels: Item Number: 200542556121
* Print from Scott Westerfeld’s novel, Leviathan, signed by the artist: Item Number: 200542561373
The auction is being held by SpecFaction NSW Inc., hosts of the 2010 Aurealis Awards. Funds raised will go towards holding the awards night and helping create a range of NSW based events and activities for readers and writers of speculative fiction. SpecFaction NSW is a not for profit group.”
For more information on the 2010 Aurealis Awards go to www.aurealisawards.com