A very business-like update.
- Niall Alexander, at the Speculative Scotsman, reviews “The Grinding House” Novella from 40K Books. The publisher is running a poll on Goodreads with a number of their other novellas, to decide which one will be offered for 99 cents in April.
- Dead Sea Fruit reviewed by Guy Salvidge at Asif.
Interviews, guest blogs, podcasts
- I’ll be appearing via Skype at Schuler Books (Lansing, Michigan) to talk about Slights with the Fanged Fiction Book Group. Here, I revisit some of the books I talk about in Slights.
- I talk about writing, short stories and covers at David McDonald’s blog. He has some lovely guest posts there.
- My Friday Five, over at PornoKitsch, will appear this Friday. Can’t wait to see what Jared and Anne come up with!
- This is very cool indeed! The podcast Tales To Terrify is playing all six of the Stoker Award Nominated short stories over the next two episodes. My story appears here, alongside Adam Troy Castro and Gene O’Neill. Next is Stephen King, George Saunders and Ken Lillie-Paetz.
- I went to the wonderful Electric Shadows bookshop to hear Marion Halligan read. I love her work. It’s filled with humour and a sharp observation of human behaviour. Here we are in City News trying to hide our wine!
- Abbey’s Bookshop in Sydney has posted a list of women writer’s to watch for. Very pleased to see my name there!
Publications out now
- My story “The Five Loves of Ishtar” appears in the Aurealis-nominated Ishtar (edited by Amanda Pillar and K.V. Taylor), alongside Cat Sparks and Deb Biancotti.
- “The River of Memory”, my Zombies vs Robots story, is out now.
- “The Lighthouse Keeper’s Club”, in Exotic Gothic 4, edited by Danel Olson, from PS Publishing.
- “The History Thief”, in Visions Fading Fast, edited by Gary McMahon, from Pendragon Press.
- “Blame the Neighbours”, in Slices of Flesh, edited by Stan Swanson, from Dark Moon Books.
- “All You Can Do Is Breathe reprint”, in The Year’s Best Dark Fantasy and Horror, 2012, edited by Paula Guran, from Prime Books.
- “The Pickwick Syndrome”, in Pandemonium: Stories of the Smoke, edited by Anne C. Perry and Jared Shurin. That’s the illustration for my story!
- “The Unwanted Women of Surrey”, in Queen Victoria’s Book of Spells, edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling, from Tor Books.
- Through Splintered Walls, my short story collection, edited by Alisa Krasnostein, from Twelfth Planet Press.